my churchies
[23 Oct 2006, 03:02:01 PM]
(Support Groups Part 2)
SH was the one who brought us into this church. We have been attending its services since then. Through him and LX we got to know the other church brothers and sisters. They have been a great supporting group too during the last two and a half years.
I was touched when "Shuai Ge" told me that they have designated half past ten every night to pray for me. After my operation two years ago, several of them came up to me and extended their hands of friendship. Some even sourced relevant books for me to read (and those Chinese books really helped!). I remembered when I embarked on laughter therapy, they sms-ed me jokes (they still do so now) and one lent me a joke-book. We do meet outside of church activities for sharing and encouragement. They are also the ones I always sent prayer request sms-es to. Though we may not have known each other for a long time (most of them have known each other for more than ten years), the ability and open-ness to share and the gradual understanding of each other have certainly brought us closer. What is most encouraging to me is knowing "Shuai Ge" has his own support group in them too.
LX's two sisters are part of this group as they are in the prayer sms-es loop. They have been very supportive. Infact her pastor brother-in-law visited me when I had my first chemo. Like I said, it takes a "whole kampong" to nurse me. By that I also mean my friends and some of their family members. LX and SH did quite alot for us, despite their own busy schedules and commitments. They never failed to come to our aid, especially during emergencies. They even helped celebrate the musketeers' birthdays. Recently a church couple spent some time talking to musketeer yangguo about their findings and his education options. They are not obliged to do so, as I told yangguo, but they did. Such kind intentions and thoughts are much and should be appreciated (not to be taken for granted).
Sister Rue never failed to cheer me up with her flowers. It was through her mother-in-law that I was guided to seek medical help in SGH and got to meet my surgical onco. Aunt Tan always hugs me whenever she sees me in church and would speak gentle words of encouragement. It must also be mentioned she and sister Rue would visit me occasionally.
Ah! How can I ever reciprocate such kind gestures? Not that they are seeking any form of gratitude. All the sweet people I get to know and meet have certainly made my journey a more bearable and memorable one. And certainly one of gratitude and thanksgivings.
A Special Day
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment