cycle 3a, day 6
[10 Dec 2008, 04:02:41 PM] It wasn't so anxiety-free. Though "Shuai Ge" and I had talked about my death, we haven't really got down to the nitty-gritty details. I thought of those I need to inform, especially those he is not so familiar with, I found myself smiling when I counted so many of them. These are my young friends and friends I got to know through the internet. I think I may have to trouble littlegeo, starrie and gin to help me do the informing. I must find the energy and time to do a list of who-to-inform.
SSN Tan came to find me while I was waiting for my prescription. She passed me my Christmas present. I was surprised how she knew I would be in the clinic. She laughed and said she had a radar hidden somewhere. She invited us to join the Christmas party this coming Saturday and I agreed. I hope I won't back out last minute. *fingers crossed*
It was another crowded day at the clinic. The nurse who helped me do the plug was Cristle. She tried to be gentle, but the pain factor was still 7. There was a case of allergy, which I found out was a reaction to oxaliplatin. The patient next to me had bouts of vomitting which also made me want to puke. It might be psychological, but the smell of a certain medicine really made me sick. I couldn't understand the way the clinic works. Two other nurses tended to me when Cristle wasn't available. Both had to take off tapes to see which tube lead to which medicine. In the process, they caused me much pain. The plug was heavy and they didn't hold it (or asked me to help support it) while examining the other tubes. I wondered why the same nurse couldn't administer my medicine since she would be the one who knew about the way the plug was set. I don't care. I'm going to tell the nurses to label those tubes properly in cycle 4a, rather than un-taping and taping each time they need to see which tube goes to where.
The same side effects tormented me. Insomnia, loss of appetite, nauseating, fatigue and stomach wind. I went over to Joyce's house after a two-month hiatus. I don't know if the increased dosage has caused the side effects to be amplified. My tongue has lost any sense of taste. The vomitting was worst on Wednesday. Dr Chia did prescribe me anti-vomitting medicine. I didn't take any. I prefer to puke. I feel better after the puking. If I take anti-vomitting medicine, I always feel worse. That is my experience.
This is for record purpose.
Cycle 1 Gemzar + oxaliplatin
Cycle 2 Gemzar + oxaliplatin + avastin
Cycle 3 Gemzar (increased dosage) + oxaliplatin + avastin
I can now conclude that CTX and MTX affect one's ability to process information and think logically. Now I'm wondering which of these affect(s) one's moods.
Sharing with you this steamed 9-layer kuih/kueh which helper and I attempted. Did this the day before my review. My way to de-stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment