Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Seeing "red"

As in the previous entry, the pain level hit its peak on Friday night. I took the strong painkiller and tried to get some sleep. I managed to catch some winks and thought the bone ache somewhat abated. The numbness was (and still is) a nuisance.

On Saturday late night, I felt nauseating and was trying to vomit (I ate very little and there wasn't anything in the stomach). Wasn't too sure if I had used too much force, I later found blood stains down the unmentionable. I told "Shuai Ge" about it and he was very concerned. I wasn't bleeding profusely or in amounts that warranted panic, but it was frightening to see fresh blood, not just stains. The "bleeding" continued each time I was in that "nauseating" mode.

On Monday morning, I called up NCC to page for my doctor and made an appointment to see Dr See as well. Dr Ng did not respond to my call yet when I went to see Dr See. I was very grateful and thankful to Dr See who did most of the legwork for us. Even SSN Tan helped. In the end, I managed to see Dr Wong, my surgical oncologist five years ago. She performed a short biospy on a suspicious nodule found. I will see her on Friday to review the result.

It hit me later that it could be a serious condition. If the loss of blood was significant, I might have needed a transfusion (which was why there was this tube of my blood for 1-to-1 comparison). If the bleeding did not stop, and if it came from an existing tumour, perhaps a small area radiation might be needed. Then at one point when the nurse tried to take my blood pressure, the machine could not take my readings. When she finally measured it manually, it was 90/60. Scary!

The pain down below superceded the numbness. I couldn't walk without help and had to lean on "Shuai Ge" all the way home.

What a Monday! But I'm glad I have angels around me to help me through. See, told you I'm a blessed patient. ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Hi Snowcloud,

    JiaYou JiaYou...

    JOYce ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. mega hugz, hope you're feeling better nao

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi rae... sorry i can't be there. not much i can do too except to offer some virtual hugs and kisses. keep fighting on and maintain the good spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Snowcloud, I am a utter stranger to you, but I am following your blog for quite a long time. I am a fellow ovarian cancer IIIC survivor staying in Singapore and I just had my 2nd recurrence recently. Your suffering is heart broken.The reason I am here is not only to offer you some words of encouragement.Rather, I would like to let you know my personal experience of this disease and my adventure on some alternative treatment myself. I want to tell you, Some of them is working and working so fast. I do not know whether it can cure me but it definitely gives me hope.I think for your case, it is time to consider this. Give yourself 1-2 weeks chemo break and try something which works in absolutelt different way...If you would consider this, Email me eddy_jiang@yahoo.com(I do not leave my hp as it is a quite public place). Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Snow, HUGS HUGS HUGS..... We are going to fight soo hard , dont' give up.... this ixempra the bone pain is massive I totally understand.... need alot alot of heat pack!!! The Nausea is also terrible...... HUGS.... we must jia you...... Love Fleur

    ReplyDelete