cycle 1b and rest week
[11 Nov 2008, 02:42:04 PM] While Chan was preparing the plug, we had a brief chat. He asked if I have been having treatment for awhile, I replied, "Four years plus." He was surprised and told me he only joined this clinic for a year. I jokingly said I was more senior than him then. He didn't pre-warn me or ask me to take deep breaths before setting in the plug. He didn't inflict much pain (maybe I had no time to think about the pain or feel it). He injected the pre-med very slowly into the tube and the "needle-pricking" sensation was minimal, much to my delight and surprise.
I am blogging how I felt so that it could be used for future reference. I had fatigue during the first four-five days. The tiredness just hit me, especially in the afternoon, where I had to lie down and sleep it off. There was also loss of appetite or the lack of it. If I wanted anything to eat, it would be something salty or fried food. I had bouts of stomach cramp and intestinal discomfort. The cause could be drinking vitagen or cold food. I had to avoid cold drinks, cold food and even vegetables direct from the fridge. I need to keep warm too as coldness can cause much discomfort. I try not to wash my hair so often to minimise the hair loss. The constipation problem was no longer an issue after consuming the herbal medicine prescribed by Zhang yishi.
Other than extreme fatigue and poor appetite, I have no other complaints. I would be seeing Dr Chia this coming Friday to see if I respond to this chemo cocktail combination. Five more cycles to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment